5 November 2017

My Designs - Preppy Pinafore Style Skirt


A few days ago I suddenly had the desire to make my own skirt. Yes I know it's kind of strange and a totally on-the-spot decision, but I thought, hey, it's a new year why not try something new?

Jenny (Gossip Girl)
So I went on youtube and found a really good, simple 'How to make a skirt' Tutorial and decided to do it. The next day I went out to the fabric store, which was a very new and kind of weird experience for me, and picked out some fabric. In the end it turns out I didn't buy the right fabric as I chose a non-stretchy material instead of an elasticated material which was used in the video, however I just added a zip into the skirt which turned out to actually be quite easy! The whole process of making the skirt surprisingly only took me a day (considering I was sewing it by hand) and was actually quite enjoyable. 

After making the skirt I decided I wanted to do something different and make it into a pinafore style dress as I had seen Jenny (from gossip girl) wear one and I thought It looked pretty.   

I'm really pleased with the way it turned out and will definitely be doing something like this again! 




Youtube tutorial 

Top - Zara
Shoes - Primark 

22 comments so far

  1. omg, yesterday I was online shopping and I have decided to make my own skirt in this style too! haha
    Really love your skirt and the colours/pattern ♥

    http://marygolife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is so inspiring! I definitely have to try this out!

    https://amandaisabel.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the skirt, you look gorgeous :) x

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? Please let me know if you’re up for it :)

    Anastasia
    astbakay.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a nice weekend :)
    Great blog, would you like to follow each other ? ♥
    http://blog017.blogspot.com/2015/02/my-favorite-shop-for-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore pinafore skirts and dresses! they are just so cute and chic and urgh, love love love hahah

    http://www.thewhimsicalwildling.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great skirt and looks so good. Well done to you lady. Kudos!!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. this actually looks so good and cute. i have no idea if i could pull it off myself.
    ❤︎

    www.elenaisabelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!You did an amazing job!I Love it <3

    ReplyDelete

Meera's Blog © . Design by FCD.