10 November 2017

My Designs - Sketch Friday


A few days ago I was sketching a few designs and decided that I might as well share them on here too. I've only recently started sketching & drawing again, so they definitely aren't perfect, but I thought this would be a good way to track my progress over time. 




This one is mainly inspired by Taylor Swifts pink and orange co-ord she wore to the Grammy Awards. I love the deep pleats, in a heavy satin or silk, and sheer panelling on the top half. There is also an interesting mix between traditional evening gown, e.g. long skirt and pearl rimmed high neck, and modern wear, e.g. cropped sleeveless top, deep plunging sheer panelling and co-ord style.




Here I wanted to contrast street style and more traditional 'girly' style. For example the currently popular ripped mum jeans and cropped jumpers, vs the pom pom and knee high socks trend. I like the juxtaposition between the distressed jeans and the more formal sheer shirt in the first sketch. In the second sketch the varying styles are more toned down, the loose fitting boyfriend style jumper with the playful pom poms, furry ears and frilly socks. 



I have to start by saying I love 1950's fashion, so much so part of me wishes I was born in the 50's just so I could wear all the pretty, full skirted, butterfly sleeved dresses. I cheated slightly with this one as it was part copied from a photo I found on the internet, but I just couldn't help it. I'm a sucker for bright colours and big patterns, which is reflected perfectly in this floral dress. I am also drawn to the fit of this dress, I love the cinched waist and giant skirt. 


41 comments so far

  1. I love your sketches & your blog!! Thanks for stopping by mine! :)

    xo
    sarahjuneblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who can't draw to save her life, I always really appreciate people who can! You've got a real talent and I can only imagine how your skills will develop! My favourite is definitely the 1950s dress - if only your designs could come to life eh?

    Musings & More

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw that's so nice! Maybe when I stop being lazy I'll actually get round to making them haha

      Delete
  3. such gorgeous sketches, I wish I could draw like that!! Great post X

    itsmeexx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! I really enjoyed looking at your sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty designs and sketches! :)

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. your designs are so beautful, and could you checkout my article http://us.blastingnews.com/news/2017/11/meet-the-9-year-old-who-wants-cards-for-his-last-christmas-002141131.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really pretty sketches!!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these sketches are amazing. I love the first long dress and the 50's dress the most but they are all so detailed. Do you think you'll ever make them IRL? I think they'd look beautiful! X

    Lisa | www.lisasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! I think I might attempt to make one but It'll probably suck haha x

      Delete
  9. Great designs, I love the first silhouette.
    xoxo Falasha
    Bite My Fashion


    Instagram| Bloglovin'| Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing designs..
    You are so talented..
    xx
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q/featured

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the first one!! You're so good at drawing!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this post! :)

    https://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/2017/11/pink-bell-sleeve-jumper.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, love your drawings you are extremely talented! I especially like the floral print dress.

    www.beautyreign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! It's probably my favourite too!

      Delete
  14. que lindos todos
    me encanta el ultimo.
    un beso guapi

    www.amoriosdelamoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your drawings look insane! You are a real artist!
    Xx Victoria
    www.vidcaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are so gorgeous ! lovely post :)
    www.amazingadveturesofemmalynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's such a talent you have. I love fashion illustrations x

    franklyflawless.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too I love looking at others designs x

      Delete
  18. Loving your sketches! Keep the good work :) <3

    xoxo,
    Gabrielle
    www.xoxogabrielle.com

    ReplyDelete

Meera's Blog © . Design by FCD.